Apple television was created to deliver the most useful tone that your house entertainment system supports. Learn which sound platforms are supported on Apple television and also the setup you’ll want to play noise into the quality that is highest.
Audio formats supported on Apple TV
Apple television 4K and Apple television HD automatically play noise into the quality that is highest thatвЂ™s supported by the home theatre system setup and available with content which you watch.
In case your home theatre system does not offer the audio structure that Apple TV automatically selects, you can easily manually replace the sound structure. Go to Settings movie and sound sound Format and switch on Change structure. From right right here it is possible to choose the next:
- Dolby Digital 5.1: performs sound on numerous speakers and a subwoofer, like a 5.1 speaker setup.
- Stereo: Supported sound quality for several televisions, films, and television shows that plays sound through the right and remaining channel.
Put up Dolby Atmos
On Apple TV 4K utilizing the latest variation of tvOS, you are able to play noise in Dolby Atmos вЂ” an immersive sound experience that moves sound all over you in three-dimensional area.
To relax and play films and television shows in Dolby Atmos from your own Apple television 4K, put up your house activity system for top-notch sound.
Setups which you can use add:
- A couple of HomePod speakers
- A tv that supports Dolby Atmos sound
- A Dolby Atmos sound bar that is compatible
- A Dolby Atmos enabled AV Receiver
Some third-party AV Receivers and noise pubs could wish for a firmware up-date to support Dolby Atmos. Go directly to the manufacturerвЂ™s web site to get the full story.
Discover ways to put up home theatre audio with Dolby Atmos help using one or two HomePod speakers. Or use listed here actions to create Dolby Atmos on a compatible sound bar to your Apple TV 4K or AV Receiver:
- Be sure that you link your Apple television 4K straight to the HDMI input on your own noise club or AV receiver by having an HDMI cable. Many televisions donвЂ™t help Dolby Atmos pass-through to appear pubs and receivers.*
- Plug one end of an HDMI cable in to the HDMI production on your sound bar or AV receiver. Then plug one other end of this HDMI cable in to the HDMI input on the tv.
*Some noise pubs and AV receivers help Dolby Atmos, but support that is donвЂ™t platforms like HDR10 and Dolby Vision. In this instance, you can easily connect your Apple television 4K into either the sound club or AV receiver to relax and play noise in Dolby Atmos. Or perhaps you can connect your Apple television 4K into the tv to watch movie in HDR and Dolby Vision. To complete both, you will need a tv or an AV receiver or noise club that supports both Dolby Atmos and top-quality video clip platforms. Apple TV 4K runs on the bandwidth that is high of Dolby Atmos that doesnвЂ™t work over ARC connections.
Verify that Dolby Atmos is established
On your own Apple television 4K, visit Settings movie and sound and choose Audio Format. Under Immersive sound, be sure Dolby Atmos is on.
You might need to change how your home entertainment system is set up if you don’t see Immersive Audio and Dolby Atmos as an option. If you should be utilizing home theatre sound with HomePod as your standard sound production, Dolby Atmos is already put up and you will not start to see the Immersive sound choice in Settings.
Some Dolby content that is atmos-supported show with its sound information.
- If youвЂ™re viewing content on Apple TV+: Press Menu on your own Apple television remote and appear for .
- If youвЂ™re viewing content when you look at the iTunes Movies software or a third-party software: Swipe down regarding the Touch area of one’s Apple television remote. Under info, try to find .
You cannot play noise in Dolby Atmos if Quick begin is switched off in Settings.
to test, head to Settings Apps iTunes films and television shows fast begin.
- Find films and television shows that help Dolby Atmos into the Apple television software.
- Some films into the Apple television software might add sound files in alternative languages which may maybe perhaps not help Dolby Atmos or sound that is surround in the event that main language supports it.
- Then audio plays in stereo unless the content provider includes a higher-quality track if you turn on audio descriptions.
- Sound which you stream from Apple television with AirPlay does not help Dolby Atmos or surround noise.
- Learn to set your Apple TV 4K up to find the best 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision experience.
Information regarding items perhaps not manufactured by Apple, or separate sites perhaps not managed or tested by Apple, is supplied without recommendation or recommendation. Apple assumes no duty pertaining to the choice, performance, or usage of third-party web sites or items. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website precision or dependability. Contact the seller for more information.